Aisle Saver Storage Solutions
Borroughs Aisle Saver Storage Systems
Count on Borroughs for all your Aisle Saver Storage solutions needs such as:
Aisle saving storage solutions shelving is ideal for the items and records you need to store, but don’t have to access as often.
With Borroughs’ modular aisle saving carriages you can completely transform your filing and storage capacities. Borroughs allows you to maximizing space and potential while minimizing the loss of expensive office or industrial floor space.
Overflowing filing and storage exists today, you can have durable and pleasing options that maximize the amount stored in a given space.
- <a “#high-density”>High Density Mobile Storage Systems
- <a “#els”>Electrical Aisle Saver
- <a “https://www.westernstorageandhandling.com/aisle-saver-system.htm#mechanical”>Mechanical Assist
- <a “#manual”>Manual
Borroughs Aisle Saver Storage Solutions
To maximize the amount of storage in a given area Western Storage and Handling (WSH) of Denver and Colorado Springs has a variety of aisle saver storage solutions. We use the Borroughs Aisle-Saver systems. With record storage shelving, high density drawers, Rivet-Span bulk shelving, storage cabinets and industrial steel shelving mounted to the aisle saver storage carriages, your storage capacity can be increased up to 50%. Western Storage and Handling professionals use layout software by Autocad and Configura to explore the many options available to you. We have used these aisle saver storage solutions at installations in Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska. Western Storage and Handling will explore these options to determine which is the best solution for your application. Maintaining quick availability to all of the items stored in your high density storage solution, or aisle saver storage solution is important. Put your WSH representative to work for you along with a Borroughs Aisle-Saver system and you will start seeing the benefits on your bottom line.
Increase File Storage up to 50%
The ultimate in high density storage systems. With the push of a button or near effortless turn of a handle, an aisle can be created when and where needed. Smart technology and user-friendly controls provide safe, reliable performance. With the Aisle-Saver high density mobile storage systems, space management has never looked better, or worked better with new levels of safe and reliable performance.
These systems are available in electric, mechanical assist or manual models that reduce and reclaim space by eliminating all but the aisle in use. When you consider the alternatives, Borroughs Aisle-Saver systems are a remarkably economical way to add space, increase capacity, improve productivity and increase security.
But Aisle Saver storage solutions systems are not only for files. They are also a perfect solution for:
- Law Libraries
- Public & Private Libraries
- Health Care Storage
- Government Offices
- Fine Art Storage
- Archival Storage
- Media Storage
- Archeological Storage
- Back-Room Storage
- Files or Folders
- Parts or Supplies…and more!
Borroughs Aisle Saver storage solutions system features solid-state electronics for fast installation, improved reliability and enhanced safety. Our “plus-and-play” components save time and money on initial installation. And, fewer moving parts offer increased system reliability and enhanced productivity.
“Smart” technology provides advanced functionality for improved performance and a closer relationship between the operator and the system. Maximum flexibility in programming allows users to easily “customize” for desired security and safety. Also, the software is designed for easy upgrading as additional features become available.
Electronic Aisle Control
The Electronic Aisle Control touch pad has been designed for easy operation. There is no special training or programming needed for new users. All system functions are clear and easy to understand, with no moving parts to fail. Just the press of a button opens a 36″ wide aisle in eight seconds.
Light Carpet Active Safety System
Borroughs exclusive Patented Light Carpet® Active Safety System will not allow an aisle to close if persons or objects enter the aisle and do not leave the aisle. Light Carpet sensors, placed on 3″ centers, track personnel and objects along the entire length of the carriage. Not affected by heat or load conditions, the system makes it virtually impossible to inadvertently close an aisle on a person or valuable object.
Controlled / Keyless Entry
The LCD Master Control numerical touch pad is standard for controlled/keyless entry. An LCD diagnostic status monitor displays the location of the obstruction within the system. Obstructions are easily found and cleared. The system will not allow the aisle to close until it is cleared and the control is reset.
Integrated Mobile System
The Borroughs Safety System Integration mobile System can interface with any known electro-mechanical safety device. Integration with building environmental systems such as fire suppression, alarms, and HVAC, can provide and automated response to changing conditions or establish off-hour positioning.
- No limit switches or plungers-minimizing potential for mechanical failure.
- Soft start and stop for extended motor life and storage media protection.
- Any safety activation stops unit movement immediately.
- Sequential carriage movement minimizes power consumption.
- No keys or transponders required for programming or operation.
- Authorized users can be required to enter access code for secure operation.
- Modular design-select only the features you need.
- Electrical systems are U.L. Listed.
- Meets applicable ADA requirements for accessibility.
- Problems quickly diagnosed for reduced downtime and repair expense.
- Aisle spacing can be reconfigured to accept any depth of media.
- The supervisory override controls all system features and permissions.
- Security levels can be set to prevent unauthorized entry.
- Unit can be programmed to reset automatically or manually at user option.
- No reprogramming is necessary if power is interrupted.
- Aisles can be locked down for convenience during peak periods.
Mechanical Assist Control incorporates a direct chain drive system transferring the force from the 3-spoke handle directly to the drive shaft, which in turn drives every wheel on one side of each movable carriage. A visual safety knob is located above the handle and is used to lock the carriages on either side of the open aisle.
The Ergonomic Three Spoke Handles are free-turning ball handles which lend to the clean lines of the system while providing maximum functionality, and reduce Carpal-Tunnel problems for users. The Double Gear Reduction feature allows movement of a 6,000 pound payload with as little as one pound of effort on the crank handle.
All wheels on one side of each movable carriage are interconnected by solid steel shafts. All axle (wheel) to shaft connections use a high torque steel coupler with four nylock set screws and 1/4″ keyways fitted with keys.
- Manual Controls
- Passive & Active safety systems
- Carriage Length: 3′ to 60′
- Carriage Width: 15″ to 60″
- Load: 1000 lbs./lineal Ft. (Loads to 2000 lbs./lineal Ft Available)
- 1 lb effort moves 6000 lbs
- Other gear ratios
- Dual Control with lock/unlock capabilities from either end
- Passive Aisle Lock™ protection & Dual Passive Aisle Lock™ protection
- Seismic/Anti-Tilt track
- Superior Aesthetics – Clean lines, no exposed fasteners
- Ease of carriage movement
- Safety lock feature for operator protection
- Easy maintenance without unloading stored materials
- All exposed metal surfaces are painted
Designed as the economical alternative to mechanical assist and electrical units, Borroughs Manual Movable units are perfect for lighter weight products. With Borroughs’ Manual Movable Carriages, one lb. of effort moves 300 lbs. Anti-tilt option is available.
- Carriage Length: 3′ to 16′
- Carriage Width: 15″ to 60″
Lateral Aisle-Saver System
Particularly well suited for perimeter wall installations or narrow situations where other forms of high density storage are inappropriate. With their free rolling flanged wheels, Lateral Aisle-Saver sections are easily moved for complete access. Carriage sections are reconfigurable and easy to move as functional requirements and office configurations change.
- 2 or 3 rows deep
- 3’/3.5′ or 4′ section widths
- 10″/12″/13.2″/15″ or 18″ carriage depths
- Unlimited Module Width